Pirate Phrases - Famous Pirate Speech, Phrases and Meanings
- "Stop and pay attention."
! - General greeting phrase of the pirates.
Ahoy, me Hearties
! - Same as "hello my friends".
! - Expression of surprise.
- Another name for Pirates.
Blow me down
! - Expression of disbelief.
- Gold, jewels, treasure.
Davy Jones' Locker
- Legendary place on the bottom of the sea, afterlife for pirates and sailors.
Dead men tell no tales
- Leave no survivors.
Feed the fish
- Indicating someone's death.
- Ship's toilet.
- Popular singing phrase.
- Phrase that describes defrauding and cheating someone.
- Rope that is used to climb onto ship.
- Pirate flag with skull and bones on it.
- Younger person.
- person who doesn't know how to sail.
Letters of Marque
- official government papers that endorse the piracy.
- Ship that is outfitted for battle.
- Besides describing person being marooned on a island, it also refers to the man who started his pirate career after deserting from military or slavery.
- Experienced pirate.
- Pirate that is endorsed by government.
? - "Do you understand and do you agree?"
- "Do something quickly."
- Person who will soon die.
- Phrase indicating that everything is "cleaned up and under control".
!- "Holy Crap!"
Thar she blows
! - Phrase spoken when sighting a whale.
Three sheets to the wind
- Describing someone drunk.
Walk the plank
- Death punishment.
Yo Ho Ho
- Cheerful phrases.
- Favourite pirate drinks.
- Names of favorite pirate foods.